Donnerstag, 26. Juni 2014

HEUTE IN DER POST ::: PERUNOTO







Es gibt wieder Neues im TSCHAU TSCHÜSSI: Perunoto, ein kleines Label,
das Muster für Papier & Print designt. Frisch im Laden und im Onlineshop (klick)

 Und wer steckt dahinter?

"Hello! I’m Petra Hofmann, a Packaging and Pattern Designer from Germany 

and the head behind my small new label Perunoto. I love to create designs for 
anything that requires a surface design.

After graduating in graphic design I worked for a Studio specialized in

 packaging design for several years. Then my husband and I moved to Japan. 
We lived in Tokyo for 4 years and during this time I’ve really fallen in love with 
all these beautiful japanese patterns everywhere around me. My love for it grew 
more and more and I recognized what I really want to do is design surface patterns.

So recently I’ve entered into the wonderful world of pattern design and my small label 

Perunoto was born. I create collections for stationary, textiles, wallpaper and 
the interior market. My normal process begins with putting pen to paper, then I continue 
working in Photoshop or Illustrator. I like to experiment with various colours and materials. 
My designs are bold, graphic and simple with bright colours and a hand-drawn touch. 
Nature, travel, music and my daily life are my inspiration. In Japan I’ve explored Shodo 
writing (japanese calligraphy) and for almost 3 years I took weekly lessons and had
 a wonderful and amazing japanese teacher. I think this also really influence the way 
I create my designs.

This is my story so far. It all began in Japan, where my Japanese friend used to call 

me Perunoto – a mix between my and my husbands name translated in Japanese English. 
Thank you for taking your time to see my work and I hope my designs make you 
as happy as I am when I make them."

Mehr von & über Perunoto findet ihr auf ihrer Homepage und bei uns.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen